- Reduces Light Spill – LED’s direct light exactly in required areas (i.e. outdoors, walkways, etc.) which reduces unnecessary light spill
- Environmentally Friendly & NO UV Emissions – Does not contain hazardous mercury and does not produce UV radiation (ideal for lighting sensitive display items such as art and jewelry)
- Tax Deductible – The Energy Efficient Commercial Buildings Tax Deduction (CBTD) is a tax incentive to reduce the initial cost of investing in energy-efficient lighting
- Low Heat – Radiates minimal heat and maintains temperature control (helps reduce air conditioning costs)
- Long Lifespan – Lasts 50 to 100 times longer than conventional lighting
- Durability – Contains NO fragile filaments or moving parts – withstands external shock and vibration better than conventional lighting sources
- Color Rendering Capabilities – Emits light of ANY COLOR without use of color filters used by traditional lighting
- Diverse Shape & Size – LEDs range in shape and size from small holiday lights to life-size billboard signs.
- Compatibility – Compatible with most traditional systems – easily replaces incandescent and halogen bulb
- Application & Design Flexibility – Smaller in comparison to other light source
- Cycling/On & Off Time – Illuminates faster than fluorescent & HID lamps
- Provides Comfort & Safety – Ensures well-lit, comfortable and safe environments – both indoors and outdoor
- Remote Area Illumination – Ideal lighting solution for remote areas. Because LEDS are energy efficient, it makes solar power usage possible and reduces the need for generators
- Enhances Architectural Features – Perfect for illuminating building facades coves and other features.
Unnecessary costs can be eliminated by choosing LED lighting options.
Traditional lighting is expensive compared to LEDs. You have to worry about replacement bulbs and labor expenses associated with replacing bulbs.
If you manage large buildings or spaces, you could be up against HUGE replacement costs, especially if light fixtures are not easily accessible that’s MORE MONEY spent on time and labor!
Reduced power consumption is another BIG cost-saver when it comes to LED lighting products, especially if you need to light large spaces. Your company/organization can SAVE THOUSANDS when you choose LEDs over traditional lighting.
What is an LED?
An LED, or Light Emitting Diode, is a semiconductor device that emits light when electrical energy is applied to it. It consists of a computer chip that is attached to a positive power lead and a negative power lead. The ‘anvil’ on the top of the negative lead holds one side of the chip and the ‘whisker’ on top of the positive lead holds the other side. The LED is encased in clear epoxy resin.
The semiconductor chip contains two sides: the P-side has missing electrons called ‘holes’ that cover the area and the N-side is covered with electrons. Where the two sides meet, a PN junction is formed. When a current is applied to the electrodes, electrons from the N-region flow into the P-region where energy is then released in the form of photons of light. The color of the light depends on the type of materials used to construct the LED chip.